I have been using Linux for over 5 years, starting with RedHat 9. For some reason I thought I'd give Kubuntu Gutsy a try, and liked it so much that I have stayed with Kubuntu ever since.
- Administrating and programming for Linux is one of my hobbies, but I am an electrical engineer by trade.
- I have quite a bit of experience integrating Linux into a Windows world, both on the application side (Wine) and on the domain/LDAP end (Samba).
- Convinced my workplace to use Kubuntu with KDE3.5 configured to act like Windows. I have it installed on fifteen computers instead of Windows XP; so far they are very pleased with it.
Open sourced my FPGA based machine vision system under the GPL (http://www.falconir.com)
- Machine Vision
- Alternative Energy
- Parallel computing / clustering
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Feature enhancement of KDE3.5.10 and many supporting applications
Unofficially patched and repackaged KDE3.5.10 for Intrepid, Jaunty, and Karmic (http://apt.pearsoncomputing.net)
Wrote this tutorial: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SmartCardLUKSDiskEncryption
Other open-source activity
- Maintainer of Visual Basic 6.0, 3ds max 7, and Autodesk Inventor 7