Add your feedback like this w/o the bold, and then use the @SIG@ at the end of your line, look at the first post for reference
Any serious issue should be still be submitted as a bug!
To edit this page you need to login to the wiki with your Ubuntu SSO / Launchpad account first.
Grid Desktop Causes Plasma Crash! -- ktech 2011-07-29 18:20:37
aptitude dist-upgrade did not replace kdebase-workspace-dbg with kde-workspace-dbg; aptitude install kde-workspace-dbg did however replace it. -- dns-hmpf 2011-07-29 18:29:36
- Great Work. KDE 4.7 runs fine here so far on Natty. Thank you Guys !
KDE 4.7 upgrade on my Natty 11.04 running KDE 4.6.5 had many missing dependencies. I tried aptitude full-upgrade and had a problem with KTorrent???. I forced it and hosed my testing installation. I purged all KTorrent related packages and KDE wouldn't come up after a reboot. I booted into recovery mode and did aptitude install kubuntu-desktop and that resolved the issues and KDE 4.7 is working good.! 2011-07-29 21:50:00
- Install was sucessfull
- Migration was sucessfull according to the messages
- calender is working perfect, but resources where disabled at the beginning (not sure if it was before)
- missing icon for tasks in Kontact
- Nepomuk isn't working after update
- mail migration was UNsuccessfull, DIMAP was converted, but didn't worked after, had to set it up new
- new mail transports are working
- multiple entrys are created for a mailaccount, maybe an old kmail1 and a new kmail2 folder
- contacts seem to have some issues, i'm currently investigating them
- column headers are missing at kmail list view
- mails will be downloaded a second time using disconnected resources before, not sure what happens to other resource types
-- janmalte 2011-07-30 23:21:16
- Excellent! Natty full update. Lost Smooth Tasks widget--visually appealing and useful task manager. Developer/maintainer seems to have disappeared. Everything else went without a hitch.
smooth tasks got rebuilt, should work again -- yofel 2011-07-31 11:52:25
- Updated friend's Natty installation this afternoon in a public coffee shop...no issues, even though the battery went into hibernation after download, but before updates were done. Plugged into AC. Finished fine. The audience was amazed.
- Updated netbook Natty...no issues
Thank you for the great work and for the outstanding software. -- carlsymons 2015-05-27 19:46:28
Good job on 4.7 packaging part!! Thanks!!! Works great except working desktop effects are disabled with Noveu drivers. -- arpan.patelia
My update to KDE 4.7 stalled 30% of the way through and upon reboot I dicovered it had uninstalled the kde-workspace. I quickly fixed all the package problems in recovery mode an now have a functioning desktop agian. This seems to happen regularly with KDE piont updates and I expected to have to do this prior to updating. I hope to see this resolved for 4.8. I like KDE 4.7 quite a bit on the up side. -- shaunehunter 2015-05-27 19:46:28
I did sudo aptitude update then safe-upgrade, it did partial update, then I did safe-upgrade. There were many conflicts and dependencies and at the end I got the following below. I went ahead and confirmed which stalled half way and had to kill it. On reboot, KWin crashed and wouldn't come up. Reboot again in recovery mode with networking enabled. Did sudo aptitude full-upgrade, which fixed some issues and upon a reboot, KWin crashed again. In console mode, I renamed .kde to .kde-issues, logged in again and KDE 4.7 came up with new setting and every thing was working good. I believe the cause is due to many left files lingering since Kubuntu 8.04 when I did a fresh install last. May be the solution to these kind of issues is to remove KDE-desktop then install it again.
sudo aptitude safe-upgrade Resolving dependencies... open: 567; closed: 612; defer: 71; conflict: 331 No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed. 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 176 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.
I did sudo aptitude full-upgrade and got the following
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
- Remove the following packages:
- 1) granatier 2) kdebase-data 3) kdebase-runtime-data 4) kdebase-workspace-bin 5) kdebase-workspace-data 6) kdebase-workspace-kgreet-plugins 7) libkdegames5 8) libkonq5a 9) libpowerdevilcore0 10) libtaskmanager4b 11) plasma-scriptengine-declarative
- Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
KMail 4.7 counts the unread emails in the trashcans (both the local and my IMAP trashcans) as new mail in the tray icon. This is annoying, as I often go a week or so before emptying the trashcans. -- bjwest 2011-08-01 19:43:10
Wow, made sure to install kde-workspace, then dist-upgrade... blaringly fast now! Smooth HD video playback somehow works better now too, no more choppiness. Awesome dudes. Thanks for the packages. -- lunarcloud