There's no incoming Hugday
Join us in the #kubuntu chat room for support or the #kubuntu-devel chat room for general Kubuntu development.
This page will outline the proposed layout and configuration of the Kubuntu System Documentation for the 10.04 release, the Lucid Lynx.
A simple document explaining Kubuntu.
- Audio troubleshooting (talk to Daniel T. Chen for assistance)
- This may not be needed, but if you can think of common basic tasks, this might be a good place for it
- Email (KMail/Kontact)
- IM (Kopete)
- Social (Choqok)
- anything else?
NOTE: This should really be in KDE documentation.
- Style, Colors, Icons, Fonts, Windows, Splash Screen, GTK+ Appearance, Emoticons
- Desktop Effects, Multiple Desktops, Screen Edges, Screen Saver, Launch Feedback
- Window Behavior
- Explain how to get involved in contributing to the Kubuntu and Ubuntu projects
NOTE: This should really be in KDE documentation
- Introduce the Kubuntu desktop
- Applications involved (KDevelop, Eric, Qt Designer, Qt Creator)
- Languages (C++, Python, Ruby, PHP....Qt and KDE libraries)
- Graphics card love (Intel, NVIDIA, ATI, etc.)
- Cover some hardware that might not be covered in other topics such as Audio, Printing, Network, etc.
- The main point of entrance for our docs, ie: help://kubuntu
- No tables this time around, as it was a mess previously
- This will be the old add-applications stuff, just with all of the info pertaining to managing the software
- USB, CD, DVD, etc.
- USB Creator
- How to connect to the network and such, not Firefox or browser/internet stuff
- Availables apps (KOffice, Kile, stuff like that)
- Brief coverage of installed apps
- Available apps (Gimp, Inkscape, Digikam, etc.)
NOTE: This should really be in KDE documentation and it may already be.
- Add a printer (IP, SAMBA, Local, etc)
- Explain printing from both KDE and non-KDE apps as they are a little different in respect to the dialogs
- This is the old keeping-safe stuff, add more security related content as needed
- File sharing, music sharing, etc.
- SAMBA, Daap, and whatever other protocols there are
- How to get further support for Kubuntu, both community and commercial
- Video apps such as Dragon/Kaffeine
- Video editing stuff such as Kino
- Java, Flash, etc.
- Please add a topic you feel is NEEDED.