|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
| 1. The chair shall have a casting vote.
This document details the constitution of the group hereinafter referred to as 'The Kubuntu Council' or 'the council'. Kubuntu refers to the free software distribution project (http://www.kubuntu.org) and Ubuntu refers to the free software distribution project (http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/governance).
- The purpose of the council is to take decisions and govern Kubuntu.
- Kubuntu is part of the Ubuntu project and the council will abide by decisions of the Ubuntu Community Council.
- The Kubuntu council can appoint Kubuntu Members, any active Kubuntu contributor is welcome to apply to this.
- Council members are appointed for a period of two years based on a vote of Kubuntu Members.
- The Kubuntu Council will appoint a chair, secretary and treasurer from among itself.
- A vote is defined as quotate if three council members are present.
- If a quorate is not at the meeting voting shall be done by e-mail over a period of three days.
- The chair shall have a casting vote.
- Should kubuntu council fall below three members and it is not possible to elect new council members the funds and any other assets will be defaulted to KDE e.V.
- Motions are carried by simple majority or using CIVS.