Grammatical and layout changes.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
- This document details the constitution of the group hereinafter referred to as the 'Kubuntu Council' or the 'council'.
CIVS refers to the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (http://www.cs.cornell.edu/andru/civs.html).
KDE e.v. refers to a registered non-profit organization that represents the KDE Project in legal and financial matters (http://ev.kde.org).
Kubuntu refers to the free software distribution project (http://www.kubuntu.org).
Ubuntu refers to the free software distribution project (http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/governance).
- The purpose of the council is to make decisions and govern Kubuntu.
- Kubuntu is part of the Ubuntu project and the council will abide by decisions of the Ubuntu Community Council.
- The Kubuntu Council can appoint Kubuntu Members, and any active Kubuntu contributor is welcome to apply for membership.
- Council members are appointed for a period of two years based on a vote of Kubuntu Members.
- The Kubuntu Council will appoint a chair, secretary, and treasurer from among its members (each council member shall hold only one of these positions).
- A vote is defined as quorate if at least three council members are present.
- If the meeting is not quorate, voting shall be done by e-mail over a period of three days.
- The chair shall have a casting vote.
- If the Kubuntu Council falls below three members and it is not possible to elect new council members, the funds and any other assets will be defaulted to KDE e.V.
- Motions are carried by simple majority or by using CIVS.
- If any council members do not respond to contact attempts by other council members or contact the project for over three months, they shall be considered inactive and a vote may be organized to replace them.
- Revisions to the constitution must be pre-announced on the kubuntu-devel mailing list, must be pre-announced to the Ubuntu Community Council and other stakeholders, and must be approved by a vote of the Kubuntu Council.