Differences between revisions 12 and 17 (spanning 5 versions)
← Revision 17 as of 2014-05-07 12:10:47
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
|1. This document details the constitution of the group hereinafter referred to as 'The Kubuntu Council' or 'the council'. Kubuntu refers to the free software distribution project (http://www.kubuntu.org) and Ubuntu refers to the free software distribution project (http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/governance).||#REFRESH 3 http://www.kubuntu.org/kubuntu-council|
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
| 1. The purpose of the council is to take decisions and govern Kubuntu.
1. Kubuntu is part of the Ubuntu project and the council will abide by decisions of the Ubuntu Community Council.
1. The Kubuntu council can appoint Kubuntu Members, any active Kubuntu contributor is welcome to apply to this.
1. Council members are appointed for a period of two years based on a vote of Kubuntu Members.
1. The Kubuntu Council will appoint a chair, secretary and treasurer from among itself (each council member shall hold only 1 of these positions).
1. A vote is defined as quorate if at least three council members are present.
1. If the meeting is not quorate, voting shall be done by e-mail over a period of three days.
1. The chair shall have a casting vote.
1. Should kubuntu council fall below three members and it is not possible to elect new council members the funds and any other assets will be defaulted to KDE e.V.
1. Motions are carried by simple majority or using CIVS.
1. If any council members do not respond to contact attempts by other council members or contact the project for over three months they shall be considered inactive and a vote may be organised to replace them
1. Revisions to the constitution must be pre-announced on the kubuntu-devel mailing list and informed the Ubuntu Community Council and other stakeholders and approved by vote of the Kubuntu Council. The vote must include the lesser of 4 or all active members.
|Moved to http://www.kubuntu.org/kubuntu-council|